This year, thanks to the incredible support from compassionate and caring people like you, critical services were delivered to thousands of children, families, adults, and seniors through Family & Children's Agency.
2020 has clearly been an unusual and challenging year. In order to continue providing uninterrupted services to our clients who began to face surmounting challenges when the pandemic hit, the Agency adjusted our operations to a remote model. But even with all of the necessary pivoting this year, we have seen many accomplishments here at FCA.
This year we:
- Supported clients facing food insecurity through your generous donations to our Client Support Fund and by partnering with area organizations and restaurants to provide cooked meals, grocery gift cards, and food boxes to those at risk of going hungry during these difficult times.
- Expanded our mental health services to students on-site at Norwalk Community College.
- Were invited and participated in a statewide committee intended to transform child welfare in the state of Connecticut.
- Continued to play a leadership role with Norwalk ACTS, a community-wide collective impact initiative focused on closing the opportunity gap for children in Norwalk.
- Were chosen by the Norwalk Housing Authority to run an after-school program for 4th and 5th graders living in public housing, which will begin in the fall of 2021.
In the coming year, we plan to:
- Expand our coordinated homeless response efforts with a new position to work specifically with homeless youth.
- Add two additional counselors and expand our COVID-19 Assistance for Community Health program, which helps those who are struggling due to pandemic-related stress, trauma, job loss, and isolation.
- Continue partnering with the Norwalk Public Schools to best serve our ASPIRE students and ensure that our youth have all the support they need to learn in-person or virtually this academic year.
- Support area residents, in partnership with the Norwalk Health Department, by providing COVID-19 contact tracing, community outreach and education, and connect those in need with available resources.
Click here to learn more about our services and accomplishments this year. To donate to FCA and help us reach these goals, please click here.
Thank you for all you do to support our work and our community. We wish you all the best in the new year.